Gas Fire Maintenance
We can carry out a full service for your gas fire or LPG fire. We can also repair your gas fire or flue in the unfortunate event of a breakdown. Unfortunately we do not carry out chimney sweeping although we can put you in contact with a reputable business that does.
It is very important that you get your gas fire serviced annually not only because it prolongs the life of your appliance but also it reduces the chances of your fire malfunctioning and potentially cause lethal carbon monoxide poisoning. Also, if you are a landlord with a tenanted home featuring a gas fire you must make sure that you always maintain and service you appliance and also hold a valid Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate.
If you do not know or simply cannot remember when your gas fire was last serviced, then please contact us to arrange a service which could save you money and possibly your life.
Our gas fire service includes the following steps:
- Remove glass front or door assembly
- Clean out assembly
- Inspect burner and catalysts and clean if necessary (where applicable)
- Turn off gas supply
- Remove burner unit and burner pipes and clean
- Clean in-line restrictor, pilot assembly and burner pipes
- Re-assemble components
- Turn gas supply back on and test for leaks
- Refit assembly and/or casing
- Check ventilation
- Re-light fire and test setting pressure
- Check safe operation of the appliance